Thursday, November 8, 2001

It rained hard during the night, and we woke up to cloudy skies. Decided to head west to see if we could find some sunshine. It turned out that the West side of the island was sunny and dry. We went to Polihale Beach and caught some rays. There were a few other people on the beach, so we weren’t able to go ‘au naturel’ like we usually do. Randy would try to go nude a few times, but then some people would end up walking along the beach close to us. Since I have a hard time doing up the clasp on my bathing suit top, I kept my suit on most of the time, because it would’ve been too much of an effort to take it off and on several times.

We noticed that the tide was up a lot higher up on the beach than it usually is. We had our stuff relatively close to the shore, and the ocean was slowly creeping up. After we had been there about an hour, we were lying down, catching some rays, when we heard a big wave coming. It looked like it was going to come up farther on the beach than the other ones. So, we quickly grabbed all of our stuff and made a run for it. We just barely beat the wave, and we were surprised that we didn’t leave anything behind to be swallowed up by the ocean. After that, we decided to head up into the dunes, so we wouldn’t have to worry about being swept away again. After moving up into the dunes, we noticed that there weren’t other people around, so we were able to take off our suits. Randy even went out into the water and did some nude frolicking. I didn’t have enough energy to go down the dune and then back up, so I just watched him frolicking from afar.

Nude old man in Water - Beware !

Hapa likes to frolic.

We stayed at the beach until about 12:30pm. Stopped at the camping area and showered up, and continued down the road a little more to see what was there. We found another campsite area that we never knew existed.

We were getting a little hungry, so we headed into Waimea and stopped at a little fruit market and split a turkey sandwich. It was made with real turkey and with fresh, homemade bread. Very good. Continued onto Hanapepe, were we stopped to buy an Aloha Angel for my mom. There was also a Sunshine Market there, so we wandered around there and ended up buying a bunch of bananas and 4 lilikoi for only $2.

We came back to the condo, and felt a little tired after being the sun, so we lay down for a nap. We both zonked out and didn’t wake up until 5:40pm. What a great nap!

Hapa likes to Nap.

Had a late supper at Kintaro. We ordered a few different appetizers and sushi rolls. One of the appetizers was a dish called Flash Poke. It was poke that had been seared a little. Very good. Wanted to order the gyoza, but they were all out of them. Darn – cause they have good gyoza there.

Ok, we later found out that when they make Gyoza at Kintaro, they make several hundred pounds of the stuff, and it just so happened that the gal(s) who make it are on vacation.

NO GYOZA ! Hapa is Sad.

Back to Home The Next Adventure !