Maui - Day 1 Maui - Day 2 Maui - Day 3 Maui - Day 4 Maui - Day 5 Maui - Day 6 Maui - Day 7 Maui - Day 8
Kauai - Day 1 Kauai - Day 2 Kauai - Day 3 Kauai - Day 4 Kauai - Day 5 Kauai - Day 6 Kauai - Day 7
Kauai - Day 8 Kauai - Day 9 Kauai - Day 10 Kauai - Day 11 Kauai - Day 12 Kauai - Day 13 Kauai - Day 14 Kauai - Day 15

Kauai - Day 8 - Saturday, December 7, 2013

Aloha and Welcome to our vacation.

Today we had to move to a different unit in our timeshare resort.  So, we had to pack up all of our stuff and be out of the unit by 11:00am.  Randy went for a quick run, then we had breakfast and finished packing everything up.  The resort provides a service that you can leave your luggage and groceries in the room - and they will move them to your new unit for you.  There were a few things that we didn't want the resort to move for us.  One was the big bouquet of flowers we had bought.  It had been sitting out on the lanai, so I went to grab it to take over to Blaine and Lisa's place until our new room was ready.  I brought it in and set it on the counter - because I was also going to grab some juice out of the fridge.  I had just set it down when something leaped out of the flowers onto the counter.  It was a little gecko.  I have no issues with geckos, but I did utter a yelp of surprise.  The gecko jumped off the counter and scurried into the bedroom.  I was in the shower and jumped with the yelp. I guess he will be a little surprise for the next guests.

View of Larsens BeachAfter dropping a few things off with Blaine and Lisa, we grabbed our beach bag, handed in the keys to our room, and headed out. Along the way, we stopped at the Koloa Fish Market and picked up a poke bento and some seared ahi.  We put it in our cooler to have for lunch on the beach later.  The it was on to the Kauai Community Market that is held every Saturday at the college.  We needed some more fruit, and stopped in to get some more bananas, papayas, pineapple, mango and avocado.  Blaine and Lisa were at the market as well, and were kind enough to take the fruit we bought back to their room, so that it would be in the trunk of our car all day.

Then it was off to Larsen's Beach again.  The waves were much bigger than when we were here the other day.  So, we had to be a little more careful when we went into the water.  We set up our beach blanket and enjoyed a couple of hours in the sun.  We had a little picnic with the lunch that we brought.  It was really good!

Around 2:30pm, we had enough sun, so we headed back to our resort.  We got the keys to our new place, and proceeded to unpack.  Randy also made up some guacamole to take over to his parents place.  It was his Dad's birthday today, and his Mom was having us all over for a birthday meal.

It took us longer to unpack and make the guacamole than we thought, so we didn't get over there until after 5:30pm.  Just in time for the sunset.  We enjoyed some beverages while waiting for Blaine and Lisa to arrive.

Randy's mom made up some hamburgers, potato salad, chili and fruit.  Lisa brought some shrimp and we had the guacamole.  It was quite the spread.  And very filling.

Teagan helping Harold blow out his candlesLisa also had picked up a cake and even some birthday candles.  However, none of us thought about getting some matches to light the candles!  We looked around the condo, but didn't find any.  And the stove was electric, so we couldn't even use that.  I suggested that Randy try going next door to the Beach House restaurant to see if they had any.  He returned successful, and we were able to light the candles on the birthday cake.  Which was a good thing - because Teagan was oh so excited about helping to blow out the candles.

We sang Happy Birthday, and Teagan blew out the candles.  After we had cake, little Odin started to get fussy, so we said our goodbyes and went back to our own places for the night.

This new unit had an in-room washer and dryer, so we spent the rest of the night doing a bunch of laundry.  We were both in need of some clean clothes.