Banner Images

Welcome to Day 19 of Janet and Randy's Kauai Adventure 2014

Monday, November 24th, 2014

Woke up around 7:00am.  Randy went for a run, and then we had breakfast.  Randy cut up the rest of the tuna into tuna steaks, then we showered up and got ready to head to the beach.

The weather was overcast and windy.  It was quite a bit cooler than the previous day - which was nice because the wind cooled down our unit.  Because we had more tuna than what we would be able to eat before we leave, we took the extra tuna to our friends Pat and Mike in Lihue.

Mike and Pat will foster cats for the humane society from time to time, and right now they have these wee little kittens that they are fostering.  They were so cute!  So, we spent some time cuddling with the little kitties.  They were only 11 ounces, and you had to watch where you walked, because they like to sneak between your feet without you noticing.  Randy picked up one kitty and it snuggled up next to him and promptly fell asleep.  Awwwww. Absolutely adorable !

Janet at Duane's Ono Char BurgerWe were going to be coming back for Thanksgiving, so we reluctantly left the kitties and continued on our way north.  We stopped in Kapaa to buy some hydroflask handles that we had seen earlier in our stay.  It was getting close to noon, so we decided to continue heading north and stop at Duane's Ono Char Burgers in Anahola.

We got there just after noon, so it was fairly busy (mostly with people that had phoned in orders ahead of time).  It took probably 15-20 minutes for our burgers to come out.  We both got a teriyaki burger and shared an order of fries.  The burgers had a nice charred flavour, but I can't say that it was the best burger I've ever had.  Randy wasn't impressed, but I felt it was fine. A definite "Meh"

The weather was still overcast and it was raining a bit, so we decided to forgo the beach and just go to Kilauea instead.  We went to the Kong Lung center and wandered around the shops.  There is a shop that sells tropical duvet covers, and we went to see if we could get some new pillow shams for the one duvet we bought a few years ago.  But they didn't have that pattern in stock anymore.  Oh well.

Since it was too cool to go to the beach, we just drove back home to the resort.  We were both tired, so lay down for a nap.  Since it was nice and cool in the room, it was a great nap.

After the nap, we just hung out for a while until it was time to go over to Harold and Lil's for supper.  We were  having meal #2 of the fish from the fishing trip.  We went over at around 5:00pm, had some drinks and then the guys grilled up the Ono and Tuna.  The fish was just as good the second time around, and so was the banana cream pie.  We visited for a bit after supper, but we were all tired, so Randy and I headed back to our place to just chill out and relax.

Surf on over to Day 2 Hula on back


Copyright 2014, Polihale Consulting Ltd.