Banner Images

Welcome to Day 8 of Janet and Randy's Kauai Adventure 2014

Thursday, November 13th, 2014

Waiting for sunset at Beach HouseToday we had to move from the Waipouli Beach Resort to the Lawai Beach Resort in Poipu.  Randy went to a 7:00am yoga class, while I finished packing and got the towels and linens started in the washer.  When he got back, we had breakfast and packed up the car before the 10:00am check-out time.  (what is it with these early check-out times, anyway?)  Randy was very skillful in fitting almost everything in the trunk (from playing Tetris).  However, today was the day that it was actually hot out first thing in the morning, so Randy was quite hot and sweaty after lugging everything down the car.  So much for the shower, my only hope is to be able to check in early.

Randy had received a phone call saying that the Tori Richard shirt he had ordered had arrived at the store at the St. Regis hotel.  Since we knew that we wouldn't be able to check into our next place this early, we headed up to Princeville to pick up the shirt.  We managed to find a spot in the beach parking lot (score!) and went to the store to get the shirt.  Randy tried it on, and it looked great on him. 

After that was done, we drove into Hanalei to have some lunch.  We stopped at the Hanalei Fish Market and got a poke bowl and a kalua pork sandwich.  We decided to go to the beach to eat it.  There were threatening skies, but we managed to just finish our food before it started raining (we still got wet on the way back to the car).We were originally going to maybe take some photos around Hanalei, but since it was raining, we decided to just head south to Poipu.

Poipu sunsetWe got to Poipu around 1:30pm.  We didn't know whether our room would be ready or not - but at the very least we could drop off our luggage if the room wasn't ready.  It turned out that our room wasn't ready, but the room directly above it was - so the guy at the front desk put us into that room instead.  Sweet!  So, we were able to unload the car and unpack everything into our room. 

We then headed to Hanapepe for the afternoon farmer's market to pick up some more fruit.  We also stopped at the Big Save to get some more juice.  The weather was quite hot in Poipu, and there was no breeze, so our non-air conditioned room was quite stuffy.  Randy needed to cool off, so we threw on our bathing suits and went down to the pool.  A little splash in the pool was quite refreshing.

Back in the room, Randy broke out the guava and vodka, so we sat out on our lanai having drinks.  When it was getting close to sunset, we wandered across the street to the Beach House restaurant to take some photos.  Randy did some time-lapse pictures with the GoPro camera, while I took pictures with the Nikon. 

For supper, we went to Keoki's Paradise to have something in the bar.  I thought in the past you could just go and seat yourself in the bar.  However, we were told that we needed to have the hostess seat us (in fact, one of the bar staff said that the hostess would "Freak out" if we weren't seated by her).  So, we went back to the front to do that.  While waiting, Randy noticed a plate of Pork Nachos that were ready at the server window.  They looked really good, so that's what we ended up ordering (along with a Mai Tai).  Both were fabulous !

The pork nachos were plenty for the two of us, and we were both quite stuffed.  We headed back to our room, where we watched a movie on HBO.  I had been sneezing all day and was quite stuffed up, so I took some cold medication and headed to bed early. 


Surf on over to Day 2 Hula on back


Copyright 2014, Polihale Consulting Ltd.