Banner Images

Welcome to Day 3 of Janet and Randy's London Trip 2015

Friday, August 28, 2015

Had a pretty good sleep, and didn't wake up until 7:30am.  Had tea and scones for breakfast and then showered up to head out for the day.

We had pre-paid a ticket for the Big Bus hop on hop off tour.  I knew that there was a stop near the Victoria and Albert museum, so we wandered over there to try to find the stop.  After waiting for a while and seeing different hop on hop off buses, we saw the Big Bus on the other side of the street.  However, we weren't exactly sure where the stop was.  I had the app on my phone, so I saw that there was another one on Gloucester Road and suggested we head there.  It was a bit of a hike, but we did manage to find the stop.  Randy even had time to pop across the road to Starbucks to get a latte.  He made it back just in time to catch the bus. Bliss in hand, I'm now ready to start riding the bus.

The bus was empty when it arrived, so we were able to snag the front row seats on the top of the bus.  It was an interesting vantage point to watch what it is like to drive in London traffic.  There were a number of times I thought that a pedestrian or cyclist would be splattered across the front of the bus.  And the bus seemed to stop mere inches from the vehicle ahead of us.  Made for an interesting ride, anyway.

We stayed on the bus until we got to Trafalgar Square.  Got off, took some photos and then went to a nearby pub (The Silver Cross) for lunch.  Mom and I got the fish & chips, and Randy got a burger.  It was my first fish and chips in London, and it did not disappoint.  With our full bellies, we caught the next Big Bus and headed off to the Tower of London.

Once there, we couldn't decide if we wanted to actually to into the Tower or not.  We ended up deciding to go into the gift shop to get some souvenirs and wander around the outside instead.  We also walked across London Bridge to check out the view from there.  Views were fab.

We hopped back on the bus and continued back to our flat.  We got off at the Victoria and Albert Museum stop, so now we know where that is (which is good for when we use it again tomorrow).  We dropped off some things at the flat, then we walked over to Harrods to check it out.

We wandered (Read: got lost) through the various food halls on the main floor, and then went to the 2nd floor gift shop (more lost wandering).  We found out that Harrods had their Christmas shop open already (take that Costco !  Christmas in August !).  Mom was in heaven, as she loves Christmas decorations.  We both ended up buying a few things. (Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree on that one)

Then it was back to the flat, where we ordered some take-out curry from Shikara to be delivered.  It showed up about half an hour later, and it was very good.  Spent the rest of the evening organizing photos and working on the journal.


Go to Day 4 Back to Day 2


Copyright 2015, Polihale Consulting Ltd.