Banner Images

Welcome to Day 7 of Janet and Randy's London Trip 2015

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Got up around 8:00am and we spent some time deciding what we should do.  Dennis had seen that the weather forecast was going to be nice, so he thought we should go do the London Eye.  So, we all showered up and headed out - and of course it started raining immediately.  We made a stop at Starbucks to see whether we should continue over to the Eye or not.  We checked the radar map, and it looked like the system would blow over, so we decided to go for it.  We hopped on the tube over to Westminster station.

London EyeIt was still raining when we arrived (and quite heavily), so we popped into the McDonald's near the London Eye to wait it out and see if it would get better (and to dry off a bit).  After about half an hour, we popped our heads out, and it had stopped raining.  So, we went and hopped on the Eye.  Right after we started going around on the Eye, the sun came out (so did all the other people).  Perfect timing!  It takes half an hour for each capsule to go around.  It was a cool experience, and definitely worth it.  Randy did a timelapse of the second half of the rotation - so check it out under the videos tab. The queue to get on the eye once we arrived back down at the bottom was very long, considering we were basically able to just walk right up.

It was after noon when we finished, so we walked down the riverfront to find a place to eat.  We ended up at Wagamama - which is a Japanese noodle/stir fry kind of place.   The food was served up quickly, and it was very good (and reasonably priced).  After lunch, we walked across the Golden Jubilee Bridge to get back to Westminster station - where we caught the tube back to our flat.

We relaxed for a bit, then Randy and I went out to do some shopping in the area.  I found a dress at Maje, and we went to Harrods, but didn't find anything we could afford. We went back to the flat where I spent some time catching up on my journal.

Mom didn't want to go out too far for supper, so her and Dennis just went to Marks & Spencer and got some salads to have for supper.  Randy and I walked over to the South Kensington station area and went to Bosphorus Kebabs.  It was this little hole in the wall place that seated maybe 10 people.  Randy ordered lamb kebabs and I ordered doner kebabs.  It took a while for our food to be served, but it was very tasty once we got it.  Definitely reminded me of the food that we got in Turkey.

After supper, we went back to the flat and just hung out for the rest of the night.



Go to Day 8 Back to Day 6


Copyright 2015, Polihale Consulting Ltd.